The rollout of OpenRDA 4.0 is going very well. We just completed our 20th customer update. Yay!
The 4.0 update process goes something like this:
- A mutually agreeable time table is determined.
- Your secure server in the cloud is configured and made available for a two week trial period with a copy of your OpenRDA 3.0 data loaded.
- A navigation training session is conducted with RDA Customer Care.
- Over the next two weeks you perform sample OpenRDA 4.0 processing and testing in your secure cloud.
- Any anomalies reported by you are addressed by RDA staff. (FYI – There have been very few reported.)
- Trial period is completed, your cloud server is updated with the latest 3.0 data.
- OpenRDA 4.0 live operations commence.
A few advantages of updating to OpenRDA 4.0 are:
- No more VNC.
- No more Core FTP.
- No more linux server print queues.
- Access your system from any fast internet access point.
- There is no charge for the software update.
Let Mimi English know if you would like to change to a sooner rollout date.