A little “Brain Power” relief as we move past Year End and await the arrival of Spring…..
- In Ireland, St. Patrick’s Day is a religious holiday similar to Christmas and Easter.
- The very first St. Patrick’s Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.
- Over 100 US cities hold a parade every year.
- Green is associated with Saint Patrick’s Day because it is the color of spring, of Ireland, and of the shamrock.
- 110 million people will celebrate the day by wearing green, making an Irish-inspired meal, or going out to celebrate.
- There are 33.7 million U.S. residents who are of Irish ancestry. That number is almost nine times the population of Ireland itself.
- St. Patrick is a hero in Ireland. There are about 60 churches and cathedrals named for him in Ireland alone.
- 13 million pints of Guinness will be consumed on St. Patrick’s day.