The deadlines are fast approaching for employers to furnish and file forms 1095-B, 1095-C, 1094-B and 1094-C:
- March 2, 2017: Forms 1095-B and 1095-C must be furnished to employees
- February 28, 2017: Paper filing of forms 1094-B and 1094-C must be sent to the IRS
- March 31, 2017: Electronic filing of forms 1094-B and 1094-C must be sent to the IRS
New OpenRDA 3.0 and 4.0 programs were made available on the website February 9, 2017 which includes the 1094/1095 Electronic files:
- OpenRDA 3.0 programs have a Compile and Release date of 2/7/2017
- OpenRDA 4.0 programs have a Compile Date of 2/7/2017 and version number of 4.0.26-38712
As a reminder, all employers that are filing electronic ACA Information returns MUST obtain a submitter’s TCC and pass testing requirements if one was not already received for 2015.
If you are a Transmitter/Issuer you will not need to re-register your TCC, and if you successfully completed a Communication Test for Tax Year 2015 you will not need to complete one for Tax Year 2016. For further assistance, please contact the ACA Information Return (AIR) Help Desk toll-free at 1-866-937-4130.
Did you know the IRS has a service that alerts Authorized IRS e-file Providers and Issuers/Payers, Transmitters and Software Developers that will electronically file Affordable Care Act Information Returns to news and events? If not, then you’ve been missing helpful information provided by the QuickAlerts Messaging System. Get on board to receive “up-to-the-minute” information. Go to this link to subscribe today!
If you have any questions or need assistance with your ACA reporting, please submit a cyber support request. We are happy to help!