Another year is quickly coming to a close! Below are a few quick year-end reminders to help you with your planning.
- NEW IRS DEADLINE for filing W-2s! The filing deadline for 2016 W-2s is January 31, 2017.
Tax year 2015 was the inaugural year for ACA reporting. The IRS gave companies a break with extended deadlines and leniency for a good faith effort. However, the IRS has warned employers not to expect these same extensions or eased consequences with their 2016 or future year filings.
- Forms 1095-B and 1095-C are due to individuals by January 31, 2017.
- Forms 1094-B and 1095-B, 1094-C and 1095-C are required to be filed with the IRS by February 28, 2017 if filing on paper, or March 31st if filing electronically.
- At this time no retesting is required with the IRS if you passed the 1094/1095 electronic file testing for Tax year 2015.
- If you have not obtained a TCC, completed initial testing with the IRS, or submitted your 2015 1094/1095 electronic file, this needs to be done AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Once we release programs for 2016 you will not be able to process 2015 forms and files from OpenRDA. We anticipate this release mid-November. Again, once you download and run updates for these programs, you will no longer have access to 2015 W-2 and 1094/1095 forms and files as the new programs will provide the required changes for 2016 reporting.
- As with any program release / update, we will post a News Article to keep you informed of its availability. News Articles are accessed via the Help menu within OpenRDA.
Those of you that ordered your 1099/W2/ACA forms from RDA should start receiving them later this month. Please inspect your shipment ASAP to make sure everything was included and not damaged.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can send in a cyber support ticket or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org